Saturday, February 23, 2013

Tagaytay 2013 Weekend

Our department's leadership team went to Tagaytay last weekend for our Q1 team building. Although I didn't stay up to play cards and drink with them, I sure had a lot of fun.

The stop at People's Park to fly kites reminded me of the days my uncle made kites out of crepe papers and how we tagged along when he flew them at a vacant lot near our house. And I saw a heart shaped cloud! :)





I didn't enjoy our lunch at Leslie's though. I think that restaurant is now overrated. The grilled liempo was my consolation. I hope we ate at Antonio's instead (I think they are more expensive and is more known for their breakfast meals?).




The Pink Sisters Church is nice and very peaceful. It reminded me of the retreat house we went to when I was in fourth year high school.




The place we stayed at was amazing! Check out Lilyboy's Bed and Breakfast.













I loved our early trip at Bag of Beans the next day, loved the freshly brewed black coffee on a cold morning in Tagaytay. I wished we stayed longer.




I brought cupcakes! It's nice to have an excuse to bake fancy cupcakes once in a while. This was one of those times. I was worried days before that weekend though because I still don't know what kind of cupcake I'll do. Then while I was at Shakey's having my lonesome pre-valentine dinner, I saw the paper place mat with their featured dessert, banana peach surprise. That's where I got the idea to try this banana split cupcake recipe.

Although it tasted good, I still have to practice whipping a more stable whipped cream frosting. My ganache didn't set at all, I was sad to waste a lot of chocolates and I have yet to google what is the corn syrup for.




I wish I have more weekends like this! :)

P.S. My S3 was on a taking-picture-rest-mode so I didn't have a lot of pics to share. Special thanks to Edi and Ronee for lending me their shots. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment