Friday, February 8, 2013

Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

My dad was an overseas Filipino worker (OFW).Back in my elementary days when he comes home for a vacation, there are a lot of chocolates for me, friends, and family. Naturally, I am the first to pick and I hoard all the dark chocolates and milk chocolates with hazelnuts. I guess that's okay because at that time, nobody liked dark chocolates other than me. It's bitter, they say.

This cupcake is more bitter than sweet that I think most people won't like it but I enjoyed every bit of it together with the peanut butter cream cheese frosting and some choco morsels. I got the recipe from the brown eyed baker. I cut the recipe in half though.

Somehow, I regret that I didn't melt as much dark chocolate to put some dark chocolate filling. Yeah, dark chocolate overload is what I had in mind. :)

I also used unsweetend cocoa instead of the dutch-processed and I'm guessing that made it more bitter than it's supposed to be. The sweet frosting complements the bitterness of the cake. I think I'm making another batch this weekend so I can have some colleagues taste it and make others appreciate it as much as I did.

And did you see how I piped them? I almost got the right consistency. I am getting there! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment