Saturday, January 12, 2013

White Chocolate Cupcakes with Truffle Filling

I want to mark the new year as a year for my new found hobby - baking. I decided to make some for media noche and forced my family to eat it.

I got new cupcake liners from one of my best friends. It's so sweet of her to still remember how I love butterflies. She also gave me candies for decoration. Many say, circles/round shapes are lucky during the new year so I chose to use the pink dragees to simply garnish the cupcakes.


This is basically a classic vanilla cupcake with melted white chocolates. Another least favorite cupcake. But then I found this recipe with chocolate filling and I am a sucker for yummy cake fillings especially if it's melted chocolate! I won't mind vanilla cupcakes this time. I, however, never liked white chocolates so I opted to buy assorted truffles. They are really really good so don't be surprised with the price. I wanted to put extra dark chocolates but they're really pricey.



Trisha's recipe calls for 30 cupcakes but I only did the recipe for 18. I used her cream cheese frosting recipe cut it in half and made adjustments by adding a quarter of cup of cream cheese and made it not too sweet. I'm determined to not burn my cakes like the last time. I read some tips online like the need to adjust the position of the racks and lower the oven's temperature. It somehow worked.


Although the top was still browned/toasted than it's supposed to be, over-all, it's better than the first. And they're not dry! I'm happy and proud of these. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment